Português (Brasil)English (United Kingdom)

Alby in 3rd Fuerteventura

  • PDF
  • Print
  • E-mail
There are no translations available.

Fuerteventura is known for its white sandy beaches and strong gusty wind that blows non stop from sunrise to sunset! For the tour riders conditions are tough, as the wind is always around 30-35 knots with even stronger gusts...but the loacation for spectators is great, because a lot of the action takes place right next to the beach.
Alby had a really good start in the single elimination, having fun and riding good on his 5.5m Nomad! Taking the win against French Champ Thomas Paris, then Tom Hebert, from New Caledonia and was stoked to win against Alex Pastor, #2 in the 2010 world champion. Pulling out all the stops against Youri Zoon, ranked #1, wasn't enough to beat him took him to 2nd in the singles!
From there the conditions got even harder.  The wind was gusting over 40knots and Alby was lit on his 5.5m.  Finding it hard to jump on the way out paired with Alex riding at his best, left Alby in 3rd place and Youri in first!
Alby says "I'm still very happy on the result, Fuerte has some of the hardest conditions on the tour...and finishing on the podium feels like a win for me!"
After the freestyle event was finished, the Big Air competition was held.  The height of the jump counts as 90% and the trick the other 10%.  The riders went out on bigger than usual kites to jump as much and as high as possibile and the crowd just loved it!! Alby was happy to finish 3rd!
alby_fuert_6
alby_fuert_1
alby_fuert_3alby_fuert_4

Read more: Alby in 3rd Fuerteventura